Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is connected with depositing and/or sharing certain web content on a web server hosted by a hosting provider. There are different forms of hosting services used for different goals, so let's explore these. In this way, you can pick what you need, based on whether you'd like to set up a site, email accounts, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a solution provided by particular firms, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans often include ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain stretch of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the load between individual stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various website hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given providers provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share a great amount of images with chums or acquaintances since the service is mostly free of charge. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to administering your mail address accounts. Some companies offer hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you would like to open a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to operate as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to own a site. To some extent, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and e-mails, upload video clips, and so on. At Brantly Hosting, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for specific web content solely.